Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Introduction and Chapter I

As a twenty year old woman I love exploring the Bible. I enjoy reading spiritual books. But I am challenged in my prayer life, sometimes I just feel as if I am downright bad at praying or that I’d better get it right for God to listen to me.
          I have a clear confidence and realization that God is always in control and more importantly from His perspective He gladly receives our words. To God a prayer is like a precious gift, for we are talking to Him. When you give a gift it’s usually a sign of love and a desire to make that special someone feel great. Giving is more than going to a shop; a real gift is giving a token of love for anyone who is attached to your life. Gifts involve affection and sentiments from both the giver and the receiver.  So to give God that special gift we must believe God is with us every moment, and that no gift is ever bad, so how could I be bad at praying? 
Don’t be scared to talk to God when feeling angry or numb for He can handle our questions, doubt, and anger. God receives all our prayers, from the thankful ones to the not so thankful ones. He is always listening because our prayers acknowledge that we believe that He is in control. When we cry and express emotions it declares that we trust Him with everything and we yearn for a real/intimate relationship.

The Bible tells us that to pray we must have a clean heart, we need to believe, that we pray in Christ’s name, and that the prayer is according to the Fathers will.
Clean heart:
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.” (Psalms 66:18-19)

A pure heart is so essential when praying. God knows what we need before we ask. When we desire to be clean, He sees that, but He also tells us that He hears our honest petitions.

Believing:

“If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”  (Matthew 21:22)

We must believe that our Father is the King of kings and we should all then live like royalty on this earth. But before misinterpretation it’s not about self indulgence but about a longing for God to intervene. To believe is to know that God loves you and that today is all that matters.  

In Jesus’ Name:

“And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” (John 14:13)

At the end of every prayer we tend to conclude with, “In Jesus’ name,” with that we are expressing that we mean official business, but also remember that the requests are keeping with the character of Christ.

According to the Father’s will:

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”

There has to be an understanding that our lives are only a speck of time in God’s plan, we will never understand everything and its purpose.


Prayer is not easy and no, we don’t always get what we want. God is not here to torture His beloved people; He calls to us and waits with arms ready to embrace you and an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment