Sunday, September 25, 2011

Is God Angry with Me?

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged. I was allowing worldly things to get in the way of my full devotion to God.
Does God hear our prayers is we are the ones who caused the mess we are in, and is it possible God is not answering our prayers because He is angry with us?
God stands by us. Though sometimes there is a price to be paid for disobeying god, He stays next to us. Look at Moses, after disobeying God took him to the top of the mountain and let him see the promise land. God’s Word is clear: if we will faithfully confess our sins, god is always faithful to forgive. God is not only faithful to forgive but also limitless with His mercy.
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:8-9)
Jonah is more than the man who ran away for God and was swallowed by a large fish. Jonah forgot that God is bigger than one nation or one political party. You should never assume anything is hopeless where God is working. He refused to listen and obey God till He was in the belly of the fish when Jonah cried out for help.
"In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry. You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me. I said, ‘I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple." (Jonah 2:2-4) 

God’s word is full of people who messed us and were forgiven by God. Not only were many of them forgiven but restored. Jesus didn’t condemn but told people to live differently. You may fear facing the truth and fear the process of restoration but with God all things are made new. All God looks for is a desire to move in the right direction. You must be willing to forgive yourself as well though.
Remember: you are loved, you are loved, you are loved!  

No comments:

Post a Comment